Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 18: Winner.

You'd think I would have posted this yesterday right? I mean it was only like 4pm when I crossed the winners line, I had plenty of time to write something up about it. But no...
Doesn't mean I wasn't happy or excited, but I was also tired, sore, cold and headachey.
I actually intended to write more on the novel after that, but never got back to it. Hubby was home sick, after I won it was almost time to get Ivy and then the night routine just kind of took over and I said I would go and do something in game with hubby, which turned into several things and I ended up being on there until 11pm. Much longer than I wanted, and it was worse because it took me over an hour to get to sleep when I did get to bed, and hubby much the same, I hate that, lying in bed, awake, not being able to sleep and the fact that someone else can't sleep as well makes it that much more worse.

So this morning I am still cold, sore, tired and headachey, and there are things to be done which also need my attention.

So no writing this morning, I'm going to answer all the questions on my list of things for my business course, wash the dishes and tidy the house up some. Brother, SIL and nephew are maybe visiting today so I have to make sure the place looks tidy. Old habits die hard, it might not be a house inspection but it doesn't hurt.
I told Ivy we could go swimming today and as much as I don't feel like it one little bit we'll still go, and I can only hope the water is warm and it helps my back to feel better than it does right now.
I should also get back into some those thank you cards, get as many more out of the way as I can - I have no idea where the address book has gone in the move, so thats need locating as well, oh the joy! lol
I may get back into the writing later today, when some of these other bits and pieces have been worked on. But I feel like I have been putting a lot off in order to get my 50K and so now I have to return at least some of my attention to those things that have been a little neglected.

2 comments:

Kerryn Angell said...

Yes, I thought you would have posted about it earlier! lol.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm still struggling towards my goal for tonight so the brain isn't being very forthcoming with any more comment on your post.

Missed chatting with you today.

Hope said...

Congrats! That's awesome to write that much in such a small time! You're an inspiration :)