Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Day 3: I love word wars

It's been an awesome day for progress on the novel, and for that I have to thank the KW chat room, and in particular Sailor Chibi, Moe, Nzfoxgrrl, and Redfox (massive apologies if I've left anyone out.. my brain is a little off course as anyone in the chat room can vouch for. I finally realized it was June today (3 days into the month) and thought it was Wednesday on at least two occasions).
So, my word count has climbed from just over 800, to the mid 5,000's, and hopefully will top out at around 6k later tonight. I'd be really happy with that - it would mean I am right back on track. WOOHOOO!!!
To anyone else who might be reading this and who is not right up there with the words you're 'meant' to be at: You can totally do this. You can catch up, reach your goals, write that story - and it doesn't matter if you aren't there yet, there is plenty of time, if you want this, you can do this.
So I am feeling heaps more optimistic about things now, which is SO great, because I was starting to doubt that I'd make any progress at all.
A very good day, and it's not over yet!

No comments: