Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 19: No writing

And I feel slack - slack in that I still have story to write and I haven't been - on the other hand I did get some of the things done yesterday that I wanted to. And the swim really helped my back out, at least for yesterday.
I hate being that person with JUST over the goal mark, and so at some point today I'll be writing again, though it might not be until later on.
This morning after I drop Ivy off I have to go and finish the gardens at the old house. It's all dragged out for a lot longer than I would have like, and I DID them the week before we moved, of course that was almost a month ago now and they are weedy again and for some reason Dad thinks that's my problem and not his, he even told us off for not mowing the lawn last week, like... that was mowed the week we moved! The whole thing is a mess, it wasn't handled well by them or by us and in the end we're all left feeling unsatisfied with the whole thing.
I didn't have it done by the time we moved and they don't appreciate that, I scrubbed walls for hours which they then sanded over and had to re-wipe. I vacuumed carpets which then had sanded stuff and plastering gunk on them, and some of which were then removed from the house anyway - and I don't appreciate that they asked me to do those things when obviously they were pointless things to be spending my time doing. Next time anything like this is set to happen I'll be sitting Dad down and asking him what I should actually bother doing, where my time could be usefully spent and outlining exactly what each of us is to do.
I think it's unfair for them to get annoyed at how long it took anyways, I KNEW they would take weeks to get the place done so it was not a high priority thing. Nothing that I did or did not do slowed down their progress with repainting and tidying the place up, they didn't have tennants lined up or a date by which things must be completed, and the reality is that they have always been slack in giving us what we needed with the house so meh, I didn't feel like I needed to hurry either. We'll note having an oven that only had two working elements that we had to try and cook meals with for 2-3 weeks before it was replaced (the inside didn't work at all), and the leaking roof which took about a year to get fixed despite the fact our walls were crying and my flatmates ceiling caved in (Dad did manage to patch it up, but still, it was due to be replaced long before we moved in).
So yeah, I am annoyed. But I'll do the gardens again because otherwise Dad will probably get caught in the middle. I'll do it because that's just how I am, and even though I am annoyed about it I won't bring this up to him, or to her, because I don't want to cause them any more hassles.
At least once this is over with, it's done - though I am sure I'll hear back about how I didn't do a good enough job and whatever. I don't care. I'm not going to feel useless because I don't live up to their standards. The reality is that no matter how good of a job I do it won't be good enough so they'll end up doing it over. It's always the way it is.
/rant off.
So yes, gardening this morning, then home and some writing I think! My right hand is all crampy and in a little pain from cutting up photos to send out with our thank you cards so I am going to have to bite the bullet, put some on CD and take them to get printed somewhere... I have to save my hand the hassle of cutting up anymore lol.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

{{hugs}}

I was excited to see you wrote some more words! :)