Sunday, June 08, 2008

Day 7: No writing, just cleaning.

Was a busy day, and a hard working day and I don't feel better off for it physically - but the great part of it means that we are almost free of the old house for good. After this weekend there will be no more cleaning over there to do, no more thinking about it, apart from, well, probably having to help Dad paint the place which we'll be doing out of love and not a sense of obligation, and I'll probably be able to avoid anyway because hey lets face it, lots of chemical fumes etc are not good for pregnant people.
I did do some thinking about my story though, and I feel like I'll be able to jump right back into it when I do get a free patch of time and space (maybe today even!) I should really be putting some of these thoughts down on paper so that I don't lose track of them but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I managed to get a sleep in this morning as well, hubby kindly agreed to get up when I asked him to, and other then the first morning cuddle from Ivy it was actually uninterrupted! That doesn't happen often - normally she is knocking at the door, or hubby is coming in to check on me, or my dog is whining because she thinks that a night apart is more than she should have to stomach. So she did whine this morning but I did a better job of blocking the sound out. It was nice, and I feel better for it that's for sure.

Anyways, that's it for now. Have to get ready to finish that cleaning off and then it's lunch at Mum's mmmmm divine.

1 comment:

Kerryn Angell said...

Sometimes a day off can get you refreshed and thinking about the story, rather than forcing it to happen because you need to get the words done.

I'm hoping to catch you today (Day 8) but that's based on you not writing anything today either!