Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 17: 46530

It's a good number! More than I expected to get to last night but the story picked up in a big way and it's really taken off. All the back story has come to light and the cards are on the table as such. No more secrets, just a few problems that need solving and a few events that need to take place - I'm still unsure what some of those things are, but I finally figured out how the mother comes into play and how that interacts with my MC's transformation.
I'm happy with how it's coming together and I just love the scene that I am writing right now, even though I'm still not sure what will happen straight after it. I may give it another week (in the story) to let the things that have come out to develop before plunging into the next big ordeal.

Other than that I had a phone call from my Dad which made me think about a few things. Not things I'm going to talk about here and now, but it definitely made me think more deeply about my relationship to some individuals in my life, examine the way I feel and the reasons why I think I might be feeling that way - generally a worthy way to spend ones time, even if you aren't exactly thrilled with the outcome, in this case because it's not like I can do a single thing to change the dynamic, but at least I can work on reacting less to it myself.

Back to writing I think! Ivy is at pre-school and Simon's home sick in bed, so I have the house to myself, mostly.

No comments: